Reecie Lou Thompson, 95, of Aberdeen, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. She was born, April 20, 1918, in Greenwood Springs to Monte Evans and Maggie Lou Evans. She was a lifelong resident of Monroe County. She worked at Seminole Manufacturing Company until its closing in 1974. She was co-owner […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
By J. Lynn West Aldermen this past Tuesday voted to amend the city’s sign ordinance to make sure the same regulations that apply to liquor stores in commercially zoned area also apply to industrially zoned areas. The scheduled public hearing drew no comments for or against with city attorney Regan Russell only offering a brief […]
Union County Democrats to meet There will be a meeting sponsored by the Union County Democratic Party at the Union County Library on Thursday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss future plans. All Democrats are urged to be there and be a part of important planning for future projects. Anyone who has questions may […]
New Student Registration Grades K-12 Tuesday, July 30 9:00-5:00. Must bring previous report card or withdrawal forms, Birth Certificate, SS Card, MS shot record, and 2 dated proofs of residency. Ex: Driver’s License, Utility Bill, lease or mortgage receipt. Please call the school if you have any questions, 988-2416. MEET THE TEACHER NIGHT grades Pre-K-6 […]
It was one of those special God surprises Sunday evening when the gentle breezes began blowing through our back porch – more comparable to a September fall breeze than a pre-July. Then the sounds of firecrackers covered the sound of rustling leaves. Children in the adjoining neighborhood were heralding freedom celebration with an early start. […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell I was reminded again this week of how different our food experiences are depending on the lives we live, such as what our mama fed us when we were little, what part of the country we grew up in, where we live now. I’m in Sarasota and I’ve been cooking meals […]
By Martha Swindle A farewell reception was held Tuesday, June 25, for Alderman Dianne Jolly at Sherman Town Hall with several friends and family members. Mayor Logan presented Dianne with a key to the town, and her plaque read: “Dianne Jolly, July 1, 1993 – June 30, 2013 The Town of Sherman thanks you for […]
By Lou McQuary Samantha Bridges has been busy playing basketball this spring and summer. In April she played in an AAU tournament in Jackson and in May she played in Frisco, Texas. From June 9-12 she attended the University of Tennessee’s basketball camp in Knoxville, Tenn. While at UT her day began at 6 a.m. […]
By Susan Hooker The first day of July has the temperature at a pleasant 83 degrees instead of the high 90s with all the humidity. Families are traveling for vacations, and others are also planning local Fourth of July celebrations. Homemade ice cream will be the highlight of our family celebration with a fish fry […]
By Martha Hardy Will Wonders never cease?? One of them is this ole lady is now on Facebook. My son Norm had been urging me to come aboard for some time, however my feeling about it was somewhat like the analogy that Betty White gave that it is just a big waste of time. The […]
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...