It is with great sadness that the family of Mrs. Leona Givhan Davis (also known as Old Mama), 93, of Belden, announces her passing. She bid her family and friends farewell in the company of her home on April 30, 2013. She was born June 13, 1919, in Pontotoc County to Willie Givhan and Lula […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
Surrounded by her family and closest friends, Marlene Warner Chunn, 75, of Tupelo, peacefully went home to her Heavenly Father on May 1, 2013, following an extended illness. A true woman of godly grace, Marlene is remembered for her kind, loving spirit and the Christian legacy she left behind for her children, grandchildren and all […]
Aubrey S. Lipford Sr., 72, of Myrtle, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born on April 1, 1941, to William Alonzo and Ida Carter Lipford. He was a veteran of the U.S. Marines and a member of Unity Mason Lodge 95. He was an avid camper and belonged to […]
Patsy Lynn Nichols, 50, of Sherman, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Locust Hill Baptist Church. She was very energetic and full of life. She never met a stranger. She loved all her family and enjoyed friends, traveling and going on trips. Services were […]
Kelly Rae Ingle, 35, of Horn Lake, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven. She was born April 11, 1978, in New Albany. She was a member of New Hope Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with Bro. Bobby Butler […]
Dalton Lee Miller, 90, of Starkville, passed away Monday, April 29, 2013, at his home in Starkville. He was a member of Starkville Church of Christ and served as an elder for several years. He was active in Oktibbeha County Agriculture Club and National Association of Retired Federal Employees. He served in the U.S. Navy […]
Von Marion Ray, 89, of Myrtle, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at his residence. He was born March 19, 1924, in Myrtle to John L. Ray and Lois Helton Ray. He was a Marine Corps veteran of World War II. He was self-employed as an upholsterer. He loved gardening, bird hunting, fishing and telling stories […]
Sharmin M. Patterson, 32, of Memphis, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis. She was born April 23, 1981, in Amory. She was a stage hand and worked numerous music sets with many talented artists. She was very artistic and enjoyed drawing and painting. She loved animals, especially Lucy, her Chihuahua. […]
Jill Cataldo saves hundreds by making the most of the common coupon. You can, too. Here’s how. As seen on TV By Jill Cataldo CTW Features Dear Jill, Your column is the first thing I read in the morning. I love couponing and your answers are so informative. I have a question for you about […]
There is good news for writers. The William Faulkner Literary Contest offers a new category in Novel Writing. Thanks to the generous donation of former Union County resident Eric Saul, now of Franklin, Tennessee, the contest is expanding to emerging novelists. The expansion of the contest and the inclusion of the community into the Southern […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on