The 2013 College World Series has been exciting and also a bit surprising so far as we have seen the three top teams of Oregon State, LSU, and North Carolina fall into the loser’s bracket after game one. At this writing, LSU and North Carolina are due to face each other in an elimination game, […]
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
Author Archive | Dennis Clayton
The past few weeks I have ventured out to BNA Bank Park to snap a few photos of our future stars of the diamond for our paper. For the most part, it appears that the kids are having a good time playing the game. I trust that our adults are allowing the kids to have […]
There are a variety of things that make a vacation well worth the taking. To begin with, just the break from the regular day to day stress and work related to one’s job makes a vacation a blessing. It gives you a bit of a recharge in your battery, so to speak. So, I took […]
It seems like only a few weeks ago that I was given the green light to cover sports for the school year for this paper. Actually, it was mid-August right before the first football game, but my how the time has flown. We flew through the fall sports with football, slow-pitch softball, cross country, and […]
Much has been made of making a “comeback” in the realm of sports and this past week’s games involving East Union baseball and West Union softball seemed to fit the bill. Both teams showed the resolve and determination necessary to stage differing types of comebacks by the respective teams. Let’s start with East Union since […]
For one to say this has been a wet spring would be an understatement. Our spring sports have been plagued from practically day one with rain, cold, and even snow. We have seen quite a difference from last year’s almost balmy temperatures and sunny days. I have a coworker that has said that if it […]
Here we are at the final playoff season of the 2012-2013 school year and at this writing some games and matches have been decided. I just wanted to toss out a reminder for those of us who are fans and that being the fact that actually one play really doesn’t decide the outcome of a […]
West Union and Myrtle met for a division softball contest for the second day in a row and the final result was the same with the Lady Eagles taking a 12-2 win that clinched first place. Tuesday’s game was exactly like Monday’s as far as the big inning to break open the game. West Union […]
Posted: April 16, 2013 | Author: denclayton | Filed under: High School Sports |Leave a comment » Brittany Taylor of West Union struck out seven while giving up 10 hits and 3 runs against Myrtle. Myrtle and West Union entered Monday’s clash between county rivals unbeaten in division play. Naturally someone had to take sole possession of first and on this night it […]
First Choice Center for Women, The Unborn 5K Walk for Life will be held on Saturday, April 20th. Registration begins at 7:00 a.m., 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. 3K walk begins at 9:00 a.m. New race route beginning on Carter Avenue. Age group awards will be given as well as great door prizes! $25 registration […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Hawks fall 3-1 to Corinth on Willams’ homerun hit August 19, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?