ENTERPRISE – Ingomar and West Union locked in a low-scoring affair on Tuesday with the Lady Falcons edging out the Lady Eagles 5-1. “It was a win and a win is better than a loss,” Ingomar coach Andy Wilbanks said. “Both teams didn’t really play very well tonight. They struggled, we struggled and somehow we […]
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
Author Archive | Dennis Clayton
ENTERPRISE – West Union hosted their preseason tournament with fellow Union County teams Ingomar and Myrtle participating in the six-game event along with Falkner, Oxford and Hickory Flat. Each team played two games with a one hour time limit or seven innings. Ingomar 16, Oxford 5 Ingomar turned a one-run deficit after one inning into […]
New Albany wrapped up their summer 7v7 season at Pontotoc as they played in a round robin scrimmage with host Pontotoc, Saltillo and Tupelo. “We ended the day 2-1 with the varsity girls picking up wins against 4A rival Pontotoc and Tupelo, the top school in North Mississippi,” New Albany coach Caryl Vogel said. […]
The DeSoto Xplorers rallied for four runs in the top of the sixth inning to tie the Northwest MS Dealers in Thursday’s high school Cotton States action. The Dealers led most of the game before the big sixth inning for DeSoto. The Xplorers had only two hits in the sixth, but took advantage of two […]
Kelton Hall of Ingomar has recently been named to the 2014 Southeast 14U USSSA All-American Baseball Team. Hall will play in the USSSA All-American Games during August 1-4 at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Hall is one of two Mississippians named to the 15-member team. The Southeast Regional team […]
The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin. The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs. The first three innings had […]
The Black Prairie Mudcats got the maximum from only seven hits as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 18-3 on Tuesday night at BNA Bank Park. The Mudcats picked up two runs in the top of the first as leadoff batter Karah Stephenson walked and later scored on Abby Pitts’ RBI double. Pitts would score […]
WEST UNION – John Austin Taylor of West Union was recently chosen to play baseball in the Mississippi Showcase sponsored by BSN Sports at Tupelo Christian Preparatory School’s baseball field on July 24. There were 30 players chosen from across the state to participate. Taylor had a .415 batting average on the 2014 season for […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons had a split decision in fast pitch softball on Tuesday as South Pontotoc won game one 5-4 and the Lady Falcons took the nightcap 3-1. Ingomar fell behind 1-0 after South Pontotoc scored the first run of game two in the top of the fourth. Ingomar had gone in order […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2