In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, the New Albany Gazette will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28. It will re-open for regular business hours on Friday, Nov. 29. Advertising and editorial deadlines will be moved up to this Friday for Wednesday’s paper and Tuesday for next Friday’s paper. City and county offices will be closed Thursday, […]
About Chris ElkinsQuisque sem est, suscipit ut velit ac, vehicula posuere sapien. Aliquam porta lectus eu urna congue sagittis. Praesent bibendum in odio non vehicula. Mauris bibendum consequat feugiat. Sed ultricies ac nulla eget viverra.
Author Archive | Chris Elkins
The Tallahatchie River Players are bringing back an old favorite this Christmas. The New Albany troupe will perform its inaugural “Hee Haw Country Christmas” at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 6, at the Magnolia Civic Center. The show will feature some favorite characters from the long-running comedy show telling seasonal jokes and singing Christmas […]
Beginning in late January, New Albany’s first bicycle shop will be opening and will be conveniently located at the Tanglefoot Trailhead in downtown New Albany. The new business is named Trails and Treads and will be an additional location to the main store in Tupelo. Trails and Treads will be moving into the current location […]
Victims of crimes, attacks, or more can feel a lot safer in Union County now due to a new system that has just been implemented at the Union County Jail that can notify the victim when the offender has been released from jail. The Union County Sheriff’s Department has become the latest agency to adopt […]
Today’s my wedding anniversary. I could brag about how I remembered it, but technically that wouldn’t be the case. Actually, it wouldn’t be the case, technically or otherwise. I knew it because of the bouquet of flowers in the middle of the kitchen table. They arrived Saturday, brought by a woman from a local flower […]
Gov. Phil Bryant’s state budget proposal for the coming year again is a disappointing one for our public schools. The governor has proposed increasing the kindergarten through grade 12 budget by 1 percent, or $22.4 million, but $16 million of the increase would go to a capital expense fund for building repairs. In contrast, the […]
The Union County Circuit Clerk’s office is now accepting absentee ballots during regular office hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for the Union County coroner special election runoff. Candidates remaining in the race for coroner are Rob Anderson and Pam Boman. The special election runoff is set for Tuesday, Nov. 26. Call the Union County […]
New Albany’s Board of Aldermen voted to adjust its ordinance regarding Sunday liquor sales to fall more in line with state law. The 3-2 vote was to amend the hours of Sunday sales to fit with state standards. According to City Attorney Reagan Russell, the change was not necessary, because state law takes precedent over […]
The decision by the CREATE Foundation to give its McLean Award for Philanthropy to BNA Bank should come as no surprise to anyone who has been around New Albany for a while. The bank has been a part of community life in this city for more than a hundred years. The bank and its employees […]
This is an exciting time here at the Gazette as we publish two glossy publications this week that we think you will want to keep. Inside today’s paper you’ll find the 24-page glossy Winter Sports Preview. Now that football is almost over, we’ve turned our attention to basketball, soccer and the cheerleading squads are New […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?