For seven years now, the New Albany City Beautification Committee has been placing decorative street signs in neighborhoods throughout New Albany. There have been 314 decorative street signs put up since the inception of this project, which was 2008, at a cost of $117, 750. The remaining street signs have been approved to be purchased […]
Author Archive | abarmer
If there’s one thing that’s constant in life, it’s daily trips to the bathroom. However, frequent trips to the bathroom is another concern. William W. Johnson, M.D., gynecologist with The Center for Women’s Health in New Albany, is helping patients find a solution to bladder issues, specifically with urge incontinence and stress incontinence. When medicine, […]
By Angie Barmer Students at New Albany Middle School will have new laptops for their classroom this Fall. At the school board meeting Thursday night, school board member Bernice Bailey made the motion to approve the recommendation to approve a three-year lease of 240 laptops for NAMS from Howard Technology Solutions/CalFirst in the amount of […]
By Angie Barmer The New Albany City Beautification Committee met last week to discuss upcoming projects. A discussion was had on the future landscaping-based city beautification projects, including, but not limited to, planting trees along Bankhead Street and doing landscaping and all of the entrances and exits to New Albany. Jean Ashcraft made the motion […]
By Angie Barmer A two-day Community Livability workshop was held this week that opened many doors of discussion from local people and out of town people about all of the best ways to improve New Albany and make the city a healthy community for all. This workshop was held because of a $20,000 grant that […]
By Angie Barmer The popular local event, Arts, Beats and Eats is taking place Friday night in downtown New Albany. Arts, Beats and Eats is an event sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association that showcases local musicians, local artists, and local restaurants. Attendees get to taste local cuisine, while mingling with other locals […]
By Angie Barmer Now that July is here, there is a whole month of activities for kids to be involved in around town. From 8:30 a.m. to noon, July 7-11,children ages 6-12 will be participating in Healthy Kids Camp at the Baptist HealthPlex. Children will learn about swimming, nutrition, first aid, fire safety, and there […]
Union County Training School and B.F. Ford School will be holding the 43rd annual reunion celebration this Friday and Saturday. On Friday night at 6 p.m. hospitality night and a fish fry will be held in the B.F. Ford Gymnasium. This is sponsored by the Class of 1964. Beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday will […]
By Angie Barmer A fundraiser campaign will soon be starting up to raise additional funds needed for the future expansion of New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. With 32 clients, New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults has almost reached capacity. There isn’t enough space for all of the activities that the clients do, […]
Two ordinances – a gun and a dog ordinance – were discussed in detail at Tuesday night’s Blue Springs Board of Aldermen meeting. Blue Springs Police Officer Anthony Anderson brought an example of a gun ordinance for the aldermen members to review and possibly adopt for the town of Blue Springs. The ordinance is as […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...