Get lunch tickets now
The deadline is fast approaching for getting your tickets to the fourth annual Tallahatchie RiverFest Community luncheon.
The last day to get a ticket is Monday, Sept. 22, for the Friday, Sept. 26, program in the event hall of the First United Methodist Church.
Tickets are $15, or you can get a reserved table for eight for $100. They are being sold at the Union County Heritage Museum, 114 Cleveland St., and the Union County Development Association, 135 E. Bankhead St.
The non-profit Tallahatchie RiverFest Literary Association, of which the Gazette is a founding member, is the sponsor of the luncheon and the William Faulkner Literary Competition.
The luncheon was begun three years ago to help boost the literary aspects of RiverFest.
This year the association has lined up Curtis Wilkie, a Mississippi author and retired reporter for the Boston Globe, as the featured speaker. Wilkie, a visiting professor at the University of Mississippi and a part of the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics, will discuss his new book, “Assassins, Eccentrics, Politicians and Other Persons of Interest: Fifty Pieces from the Road.”
A highlight of the luncheon is the announcement of the winners of the literary competition, which has grown so much that it attracts entries from around the world. Cash prizes are awarded for best short story by adults/college age-students, best one-act play, best novel and best short story by a high school student.
Join us for this lunch, which has become a major event on the fall calendar in New Albany. But get your tickets now; they are not sold at the door.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...