Labor Day to affect deadlines, public services
All governmental offices and many businesses will be closed Monday, Sept. 1, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
The New Albany Gazette will be closed Monday and that will require that deadlines for the Wednesday, Sept. 3, issue will be moved earlier.
The deadline for display advertising will be at 4 p.m. Thursday while the classified ad deadline will be 9 a.m. Friday this week.
All news submissions should be turned in to the office by noon Friday.
The holiday will affect solid waste collection in the New Albany city limits but not the rest of Union County.
In New Albany, there will be no garbage pickup Monday. The Monday route will be collected Tuesday and the Tuesday route will be picked up Wednesday.
All county routes will be picked up Monday and the rest of the week as usual.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...