County holds delinquent tax sale Monday
Union County Tax Assessor-Collector Randy Dunnam held this year’s delinquent property tax land sale Monday morning.
The sale was moved to the chancery courtroom, partly because of the high temperatures outside and because the circuit courtroom was in use for a hearing.
The sale drew a standing-room-only crowd but the number of attendees was reduced some after family members were allowed to come and pay delinquent taxes before the rest of the sale began.
Each year, property on which taxes have not been paid are sold for the amount of tax owed. The original property owners have three years in which to redeem the property by paying the delinquent tax plus penalties and interest; if the property is not redeemed in that time the purchaser at the tax sale can obtain a deed.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...