County holds delinquent tax sale Monday
Union County Tax Assessor-Collector Randy Dunnam held this year’s delinquent property tax land sale Monday morning.
The sale was moved to the chancery courtroom, partly because of the high temperatures outside and because the circuit courtroom was in use for a hearing.
The sale drew a standing-room-only crowd but the number of attendees was reduced some after family members were allowed to come and pay delinquent taxes before the rest of the sale began.
Each year, property on which taxes have not been paid are sold for the amount of tax owed. The original property owners have three years in which to redeem the property by paying the delinquent tax plus penalties and interest; if the property is not redeemed in that time the purchaser at the tax sale can obtain a deed.
About Lynn West
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2