Two charged with theft of items from West Side discount store
New Albany police have charged two area men with grand larceny, accusing them of taking tools from HMC Sales at 910 Hwy. 30 West.
Arrested were Matthew Jordan of Blue Springs and Julian Washington of Pontotoc County.
Investigator Jeff Chism said the crime happened Aug. 9. The suspects waited in the back of the large building until no one was around and then set about $1,200 worth of tools out behind the building, later pulling around back in their car, picking up the items and leaving, according to Chism.
The store was equipped with video surveillance and it turned out that investigator David Robertson was acquainted with one of the suspects and was able to identify him immediately, as well as his car.
Officers went to Jordan’s residence and arrested him, learning the identity of the other suspect, who was taken into custody later.
Chism said all but three of the items stolen have been recovered.
Jordan was reported released on $5,000 while Washington’s bond was set at $10,000 and the Mississippi Department of Corrections had placed a hold on him because of his criminal record.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...