Hospital health fair
School has begun and that means it is time for the Back to School Health Fair at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
About 1,000 people, including as many has 500 children, are expected to turn out at the hospital from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, for a free health check, dental check, vision screening and a variety of other activities. The event is geared toward children from infant to 12 years old.
It’s the 25th year of this event that has become one of the largest health fairs in the state. And this year the United Way of Northeast Mississippi has lent its support with help in providing school supplies and backpacks for school-age children
In addition to the screenings, educational information will be available on topics such as swimming, sun safety, bully prevention, and a long list of other activities.
Children may also bring their dolls and teddy bears for a free checkup by a doctor.
The hospital will be offering free hotdogs, drinks and snacks as well.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal of the fair is to catch early health problems, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
Many hospital and community volunteers are involved in the program, which is put together by Kidd and and the hospital staff.
The health fair is but another example of how fortunate New Albany is to have a responsible, non-profit hospital in the community.
We appreciate Baptist’s ongoing commitment to a community children’s health fair.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...