A fourth annual Tallahatchie RiverFest Community Luncheon is approaching and tickets have gone on sale for this event, which will be held Friday, Sept. 26.
The kickoff luncheon was begun three years ago to help boost the literary aspects of RiverFest to the forefront by putting more emphasis on the William Faulkner Literary Competition, which has been a part of the festival since the beginning 21 years ago.
Attendance has grown each year for the event, which includes a hot buffet lunch at noon in the meeting hall of the First United Methodist Church. Individual tickets are $15 and a reserved table of eight can be had for $100. Tickets are sold only in advance at the Union County Development Association, 135 East Bankhead St., or at the Union County Heritage Museum, 114 Cleveland St.
The non-profit Tallahatchie RiverFest Literary Association, the sponsoring group, has rounded up another excellent speaker this year. He is John H. Hailman, author of a new book and a federal prosecutor in Mississippi for more than 30 years. He will relate anecdotes from his book, “From Midnight to Guntown: True Crime Stories from a Prosecutor in Mississippi.”
During the event, winners of the annual William Faulkner Literary Competition will be announced. The competition, which has a record number of entries from as far away as Australia, includes categories for best short story by adults/college-age students, best one-act play, best novel, and best story by a high school student.
We’re excited about this annual opportunity to showcase our community and writing talent from around the world while enjoying a good lunch and an entertaining speaker. Get your tickets early.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...