Etta man faces seven counts of sexual battery
Sheriff’s deputies arrested an Etta man Monday, charging him with seven counts of sexual battery.
Brad Martin, 36, of 2046 State Hwy. 30 West, remained in custody with bond set at $350,000 during Monday’s initial appearance.
Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the bond was so high because of the potential severity of a sentence upon conviction. Depending on the ages of a suspect and victim, up to a life sentence could be possible, he said.
Edwards said their investigation began Thursday evening this past week and continued through the weekend, leading to Martin’s arrest Monday.
The sheriff said the charges relate to a series of abuse that has been going on for more than a year, involving a female victim under age 16.
“They finally decided to contact the authorities and get it stopped,” the sheriff said.
The suspect has no felony criminal record officers are aware of, Edwards added.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...