Etta man faces seven counts of sexual battery
Sheriff’s deputies arrested an Etta man Monday, charging him with seven counts of sexual battery.
Brad Martin, 36, of 2046 State Hwy. 30 West, remained in custody with bond set at $350,000 during Monday’s initial appearance.
Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the bond was so high because of the potential severity of a sentence upon conviction. Depending on the ages of a suspect and victim, up to a life sentence could be possible, he said.
Edwards said their investigation began Thursday evening this past week and continued through the weekend, leading to Martin’s arrest Monday.
The sheriff said the charges relate to a series of abuse that has been going on for more than a year, involving a female victim under age 16.
“They finally decided to contact the authorities and get it stopped,” the sheriff said.
The suspect has no felony criminal record officers are aware of, Edwards added.
About Lynn West
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 31, 2016
- Settlemires named to first-ever All-SSAC Faculty Team May 31, 2016
- No reason to be bored here this summer May 31, 2016
- Looks like summer is here May 31, 2016
- County compares favorably to neighbors in several categories May 31, 2016
- Spray park at BNA Bank Park opens for the summer May 31, 2016
- Martintown Road bridge gets first part of new deck May 31, 2016
- Union County jobless rate continue to be among lowest in state May 31, 2016
- Free concert series begins Saturday May 31, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...