Neighbor charged with attempted burglary and assault
A New Albany man is free on $50,000 bond, accused of attempting to break into a neighbor’s apartment and injure her.
Charged with attempted burglary of an occupied dwelling with intent to assault is Michael Demilio, 45, of 305B Madison St. The victim, who was not identified, lives in the other side of the duplex at 305A Madison.
Investigator Chad Glasson said police were first called to the address this past Friday over what appeared to be a domestic dispute. Then, on Sunday, the victim called officers saying Demilio was trying to break in through her front door and was armed with what was later determined to be a homemade knife.
“She managed to get the door closed and called police,” Chief Chris Robertson said. Demilio fled in his vehicle but was taken into custody back at his residence a short time later, Glasson said.
“We’re not sure whether maybe alcohol was involved or he was just mad that she called the police on him,” Robertson said, as the investigation continued.
The victim had only been living in the apartment since May and had no other connection with the suspect other than being a neighbor, the chief said. She was not injured in the incident.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...