Neighbor charged with attempted burglary and assault
A New Albany man is free on $50,000 bond, accused of attempting to break into a neighbor’s apartment and injure her.
Charged with attempted burglary of an occupied dwelling with intent to assault is Michael Demilio, 45, of 305B Madison St. The victim, who was not identified, lives in the other side of the duplex at 305A Madison.
Investigator Chad Glasson said police were first called to the address this past Friday over what appeared to be a domestic dispute. Then, on Sunday, the victim called officers saying Demilio was trying to break in through her front door and was armed with what was later determined to be a homemade knife.
“She managed to get the door closed and called police,” Chief Chris Robertson said. Demilio fled in his vehicle but was taken into custody back at his residence a short time later, Glasson said.
“We’re not sure whether maybe alcohol was involved or he was just mad that she called the police on him,” Robertson said, as the investigation continued.
The victim had only been living in the apartment since May and had no other connection with the suspect other than being a neighbor, the chief said. She was not injured in the incident.
About Lynn West
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...