Nance retires from Department of Corrections
The Mississippi Department of Corrections honored New Albany resident Jim Nance Thursday marking his retirement after 29 years in law enforcement.
A reception was held in the circuit courtroom attended by local and regional MDOC staff as well as local friends and law enforcement personnel.
Nance had been a deputy with the Union County Sheriff’s Department for 10 years before moving to the MDOC, where he was a field officer supervisor. Nance was presented with letters of appreciation and commendation and received a special Distinguished Service Coin from the Commissioner of Public Safety, Christopher Epps.
“Jim has been a friend of the court for many years and we are going to miss him,” District Attorney Ben Creekmore said.
“I will miss all the staff interaction and have tried to help everyone however I could,” Nance said. “I was not trying to send folks to prison; I was trying to keep them out and change their lives for the better.”
Nance worked in MDOC Region 1 Area 2, which includes all of the Third and part of the Seventeenth Judicial District, which comprises about 50 staff positions.
Nance’s plans include providing security at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
With Nance, center, are Ken Valentine, left, previous Community Corrections Associate Director and Community Corrections Director and Scottie Pannell, Community Corrections Associate Director.
About Lynn West
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...