Hall to play on regional all-star team in Orlando
Kelton Hall of Ingomar has recently been named to the 2014 Southeast 14U USSSA All-American Baseball Team. Hall will play in the USSSA All-American Games during August 1-4 at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World in Orlando, Fla.
Hall is one of two Mississippians named to the 15-member team. The Southeast Regional team is made up of players from Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas and South Texas. There will be eight regions competing in round robin pool play with the the pools divided by east and west regions. The winners of each pool will play for the championship.
Hall qualified to make the team by attending a tryout at Southaven. Players were evaluated on hitting, running, throwing, fielding and pitching. Player were evaluated in the same manner that is used for major league prospects.
“I went to a showcase in Southaven and tried out. I’m going to Orlando to play in Disney World,” Hall said. “I played USSSA last year with the Mississippi Rebels, but I didn’t play this year.”
Hall is looking forward to the games and will be accompanied by several members of his family.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...