Boll Weevils ride fourth inning flurry to down Bobcats
The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin.
The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs.
The first three innings had been a pitcher’s duel between Jonathan Hicks of the Boll Weevils and Josh Smith of the Bobcats. Neither pitcher had allowed a hit although the Bobcats held a 1-0 lead courtesy of Austin Graham’s score. Graham (West Union)was hit by a pitch and wound up at third with one out. Graham scored on the RBI ground out to post the 1-0 lead.
The Bobcats scored a run in the bottom of the fourth as Harrison Hawkins scored on a JT Gaines (Myrtle) RBI single. That would be as close as the Bobcats would get as a ground out ended the inning with Gaines stranded on base.
Myles Steen (West Union) worked two innings of relief, allowing no hits while walking three and striking out five for the Bobcats. Gaines had the only hit for the Bobcats.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6