Hawks clip Cardinals in summer baseball
BY DENNIS CLAYTON
MYRTLE – Myrtle scored all their runs in the first inning on Tuesday night and coasted to a 3-0 win over Potts Camp in summer baseball action.
Lane Bishop hit a leadoff single and was followed by Anthony Lipsey’s single. Brandon Perkins, the number three hitter in the Hawks lineup, drove in Bishop with another single to put Myrtle up 1-0.
Perkins would later score to push the lead to 2-0. Zack Perkins scored the final run for Myrtle as he was driven in on a Dillon Kennon RBI single.
Brandon Perkins was the winning pitcher for Myrtle as he went three innings and stuck out three. Zack Perkins came on in relief in the final inning to seal the win for the Hawks.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week July 22, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open Saturday morning for absentee voters July 22, 2015
- Well-being of children July 24, 2015
- State residents to get yearly back-to-school purchasing ‘tax holiday’ July 29, 2015
- City schools ready for fall; trustees beginning to plan for new building July 29, 2015
- Arts, Beats and Eats July 29, 2015
- Tipping my cap to a day of golf July 29, 2015
- Compromise agreement will enable county to keep jail trusties for work program July 29, 2015
- Absentee voting deadline Saturday for Aug. 4 primaries July 29, 2015
- Tallahatchie RiverFest announces line-up July 29, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.