Benefit for Clint Frazier family set for June 21
A group of local law enforcement and public service officers have organized a day full of events to benefit the family of Union County Deputy Clint Frazier.
Frazier was killed in the line of duty in December, while trying to make a traffic stop.
The benefit will be Saturday, June 21, with the first part of the schedule at the law enforcement center on Carter Avenue but with most of the activities at the Union County Fairgrounds later that day. Included are bike and car shows, a silent auction, Xbox tournament and music by five area bands.
First up will be the cling Frazier Memorial Ride, which will go from the law enforcement center to the Rattlesnake Saloon in Tuscumbia, Ala. and back to the fairgrounds.
Registration will be from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at 300 Carter Ave. The cost is $30 per rider and $5 per extra rider. Riders will receive a patch and wristband. The route, about 100 miles, will be from the jail to Hwy. 78, then get on the Natchez Trace in Tupelo. The saloon, which is actually a restaurant, is just off the Trace. The riders will be escorted by law enforcement units all the way there and back, and will come through downtown New Albany on their trip to the fairgrounds. They expect to be back between 5 and 5:30 p.m.
An open car show will be held at the fairgrounds with registration starting at 10 a.m.. There is a $20 entry fee and trophies will be given for first, second and third places.
Gates open at noon for the live music and other events.
The Xbox tournament will be at 1 p.m. with prizes for first, second and third places. Entrants will play “Call of Duty – Ghosts” and entry fee is $25 for this contest.
The silent auction will be from 2 to 8 p.m. and donated items already include furniture, power tools, four-wheeler tires and others.
The bike show will be at 7 p.m. and while there is no entry fee for this, trophies will be given for the top three places.
Bands scheduled to play include Allison’s Rage, Phase 2, Levee Breakers, Mink Brothers and Rekless.
Barbecue is being donated by Manning LLC and hamburgers and hot dogs are being donated by Bumper’s and Pizza Pit.
For more information, to donate an item for the silent auction or to make a donation to the Deputy Clint Frazier Memorial Ride fund account at Regions Bank, call the Union County Sheriff’s Department.
Some vendor spots are still available.
About Lynn West
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2