New Albany School Trustee Bernice Bailey, right, congratulates Mary Margarett King for her selection as teacher of the year for the State of Mississippi. King was honored with a reception in the Magnolia Room of the civic center Tuesday afternoon, attended by fellow educators, friends and family. King, who teaches several English classes at New Albany High School, received a $5,000 award with the selection, also an iPad, and will go to the White House next May for a rose garden ceremony with the President and First Lady. She also will attend workshops and other functions speaking on behalf of teachers statewide.
- Local artist Katherine Dye talks about new book July 24, 2015
- Tipping my cap to a day of golf July 29, 2015
- Arts, Beats and Eats July 29, 2015
- ‘Robin Hood’ to be presented at civic center this weekend July 31, 2015
- Ingomar Baptist Church breaks ground for new sanctuary July 31, 2015
- Back to school time July 31, 2015
- Only three days left to campaign before party primaries Tuesday July 31, 2015
- Potts Camp native turns love of animals into international career and work preserving species July 31, 2015
- Take advantage of tax holiday to save on fall clothes July 31, 2015
- Airport receives state transportation grant for hangar improvement July 31, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.