The Fossil Road Show is set for Saturday, June 14, at the Union County Heritage Museum and as at events past, paleontologists from across the state will gather to look at the objects and science of Mississippi’s rich fossil history. The event begins at 10 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m. Paleontologist from the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science George Phillips will lecture on “The Fossil History of Mississippi” – A brief exploration of some 400 million years of Mississippi’s paleontological past and accompanying changes in our state’s landscape, at 11 a.m. Other scientists from the University of Mississippi and other schools as well as the Memphis Geology and Mineral society and the North Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society will be on hand as vendors and collectors. Featured this year will be Carol Lybanon, stained-glass and gem and mineral artist from Memphis, who will bring works where she incorporated geodes, agates and other colorful gems, minerals and objects into her pieces of art work. She uses themes in nature, dancing and her spirituality in her artwork. W. C. McDaniel from the Memphis Gem and Mineral Society and the Baldwins will return with their geode cracker. Anyone who has an object that they would like to show or to have identified by the experts is encouraged to bring them to the event. For more information call the museum at 662-538-0014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . One of the works of art by Carol Lybanon, who will be an artist featured at the event.
Fossil Road Show returns to museum June 14
About New Albany Gazette
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
Blue Springs Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Board of Aldermen New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs Union County West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball