The Fossil Road Show is set for Saturday, June 14, at the Union County Heritage Museum and as at events past, paleontologists from across the state will gather to look at the objects and science of Mississippi’s rich fossil history. The event begins at 10 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m. Paleontologist from the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science George Phillips will lecture on “The Fossil History of Mississippi” – A brief exploration of some 400 million years of Mississippi’s paleontological past and accompanying changes in our state’s landscape, at 11 a.m. Other scientists from the University of Mississippi and other schools as well as the Memphis Geology and Mineral society and the North Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society will be on hand as vendors and collectors. Featured this year will be Carol Lybanon, stained-glass and gem and mineral artist from Memphis, who will bring works where she incorporated geodes, agates and other colorful gems, minerals and objects into her pieces of art work. She uses themes in nature, dancing and her spirituality in her artwork. W. C. McDaniel from the Memphis Gem and Mineral Society and the Baldwins will return with their geode cracker. Anyone who has an object that they would like to show or to have identified by the experts is encouraged to bring them to the event. For more information call the museum at 662-538-0014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . One of the works of art by Carol Lybanon, who will be an artist featured at the event.
Fossil Road Show returns to museum June 14
About New Albany Gazette
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...
Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs sports Union County Union County sports West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball