Water fun for children
The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its fifth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend.
The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Admission is $4 per child and up to 40 children can be accommodated for each two-hour session.
The spray park can be reserved for private parties from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Sundays.
We think it is unfortunate that the park is not open to the general public on Sundays, and instead reserved only for private parties.
The opening of the spray park also is a reminder that another year has come and gone without the city constructing a public swimming pool.
We think a pool is an essential park of a city recreation program and making sure our children learn to swim is a responsibility of our city and county governments as well as our schools.
The city finally has approved money for a feasibility study, but the study has not yet gotten under way.
In the meantime, small children in our area can enjoy the spray park. It has become a popular fixture at BNA Bank Park.
About New Albany Gazette
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer