Saturday noon deadline for absentee voting
Anyone who wants to cast an absentee ballot for the congressional party primaries next Tuesday, June 3, must do so by noon Saturday.
Mailed-in ballots can be received as late as 5 p.m. Monday, the day before the elections, but Saturday would likely be too late for mailing one and being certain it will be received in time.
Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 to 5 Tuesday though Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 31, for the convenience of absentee voters.
Voters may choose either the Democratic or Republican primary since the vote is actually a nominating process rather than general election.
On the ballots will be candidates for U. S. Senate and U. S. House of Representative, First Congressional District.
If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote, those with the two highest totals will face each other in a runoff June 24. Nominees from June 3 and 24 will be on the Nov. 4 general election ballot along with independent and third-party candidates.
Republican voters will have to choose Thomas L. Carey, incumbent Thad Cochran or Chris McDaniel for senator while incumbent Alan Nunnelee is unopposed for the House seat in the primary.
Democratic voters will have to choose Travis W. Childers, William Bond Compton Jr., Bill Marcy or Jonathan Rawl for senator and Ron E. Dickey or Rex N. Weathers for the House seat.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...