A moment of silence
For many, Memorial Day weekend is a time for family gatherings, barbecues, fishing and boating.
For some, including our students, it signifies the beginning of summer.
And for others, it means a trip to the cemetery to renew the flowers on loved ones’ graves.
All of that is fine and we encourage you and your family to have a wonderful weekend.
But some time during the holiday, we ask that you take time out to think about its real purpose.
On Memorial Day we honor all of those who have given their lives for their country.
May they rest in peace, wherever their final resting place around the world.
Have a silent moment on their behalf.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...