Graduation time is here and what a lovely group of young people graced the front of our sanctuary last Sunday morning as they were being honored by their church family. Carol Coker, Tray Davis, Alex Duncan, Allie Epting, Dustin Hall, Katie Kidd, Beth Skelley and Ben Washington are our graduates this year. The congregation stood as they proudly marched down the aisle of the church. After words of encouragement from our pastor, Mike Powell, he presented them each a gift. Congratulations to all of you.
Special congratulations to Jessica Bishop who is valedictorian and Carol Coker who is salutatorian of this year’s East Union Class of 2014. If you read their achievements in last Friday’s Gazette, you will note that Carol has an exciting summer ahead of her training and competing in “Miss Mississippi” as “Miss Dixie.” She recently made a trip to Greece and Italy during spring break and is looking forward to Ole Miss this fall. What a year for a young girl! We wish you good health and God’s blessings.
As these graduate from either high school or college, new ones are coming in. We have listed in our church bulletin today showers for four new babies. Three girls and one boy. Andrew and Jennifer Denton’s baby shower is first on the list being June 1 at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. It’s a girl.
Senior Adults will meet Thursday, May 2, at 11:00 a.m. Come join us.
WMU is hosting a yard sale May 31 at 7:00 a.m. They will accept household items, shoes, belts, purses, jewelry and small furniture. No clothes please. You can bring your items to the gym. The proceeds will be used to purchase items for Operation Christmas Child Boxes.
Deepest sympathy to the families who have recently lost loves ones: Betty Haney, Bozie Porch, Houston Richey and Kathi Treat Smith.
Be in prayer for our missionaries and for our newly elected committee to find God’s man to be our choir director.
Have a good and safe Memorial Day and may God richly bless those who have paid the price for our free America.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...