By Martha Swindle
Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo.
Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ.
Family and Friends Day is Sunday, June 8, at Sherman Church of Christ.
Sherman Grove Baptist Church and the Mommie Me Time Organization are helping build bridges for the youths of the future and communities with a walkathon Saturday, May 31, from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Ballard Park in Tupelo. Cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children. T-shirts will be on sale for $11. Everyone is invited to come help make this a success!
A joint community service will be held at Sherman Grove Baptist Church Sunday, June 8.
Senior Recognition Sunday to honor all graduating seniors was held Sunday, May 18, at Sherman Baptist with lunch following in the Activities Building. Those honored were Sherry Armour, Itawamba Community College; Sam Buchanan, North Pontotoc; Austin Jumper, North Pontotoc; Cade Albino, North Pontotoc; Melaya Myers, East Union, Taylor Buse, Tupelo High; and Benjamin Spencer, Beville State Community College.
A potato bake will be held Sunday, June 1, after the morning worship service at Sherman Baptist. All proceeds go to the youth fund for their youth trip.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Henry Lee Wade, 78, who died Monday, May 5, at his home.
Sympathy is extended to Mary Nell and Bud Beasley in the death of her brother, Arthur Lee Thomas 77, who passed away Tuesday, May 6, at his home in Blue Mountain.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy and Wayne Turner in the death of her sister, Cleta Vinson, 95, who died Tuesday, May 6, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, who died Friday, May 9, at her residence in Sherman.
Sympathy is extended to Debbie Mask in the death of her stepmother, Barbara Miller Kelly, 73, who died Saturday, May 10, at her residence.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Earnest Comer, 84, who died Sunday, May 18, at his residence in Sherman after a lengthy illness.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...