Reminder: Cancer Relay for Life is tonight
The 17th annual Union County Relay for Life will be held Friday, May 16, at BNA Bank Park, starting at 5:30 p.m. The annual fund-raiser to fight cancer is considered to be one of the largest and most successful in the state.
The program will begin at 6 p.m. with performances by Victory Christian Academy, Kids for Christ from Fredonia Church and the Do-Right Family. The opening ceremony will be at 7.
Entertainment will resume at 7:30 with Dale Rushing and the Mississippi Blues Mafia, Clint and Brandi Reid and Southern Legends. The traditional luminaria service will be at 9:45 with fireworks at 10. Phase 2 will end the entertainment part of the program and closing ceremonies will be at midnight. Yvonne Thompson is honorary chairperson this year and Rick Lemons returns as co-chairman. Last year’s event raised more than $94,000.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...