Ingomar Attendance Center has Breakfast With Moms
Nearly 200 Ingomar students from Pre-K through second grade had a special Breakfast With Moms this past Friday at the school. Assistant Principal Roben Denton said the annual event gives students and parents a time to share at the school for parents can see some of what goes on there.
The school also sponsored breakfasts with dads and with grandparents. If a mom or dad is not available, the other parent sometimes attends, she said.
At right are, back to front, step-mom Kendra Gullick, Adam Gullick, 8, and mom Mallory Young. At left are, from back, Collen Coker, 8, mom Heather Moody and Hailey Coker, 5.
Students are able to get meals quicker and not have to remember so much information because records are stored in a computer system and children are identified by a fingerprint reader. Using the fingerprint reader is Andi Perkins, 6, with mom Jennifer Perkins.
Lydia Pierce, 6, not only got to have breakfast with mom Amy, but also celebrated her birthday Friday.
The students were brought in at 10-minute intervals and, as noted, a few dads were present when moms were not available.
Children and moms enjoy their sausage and biscuits, cereal, milk and fruit punch that was served.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...