New water tank nearly complete
Workers were close to putting the finishing touches on the new 250,000-gallon water storage tank near the post office Wednesday despite having to work in sub-freezing temperatures. The tank will still need to be cleaned up and tested, and will receive a paint job. Mayor Tim Kent said the final appearance of the tank has drawn some controversy with more than one suggestion for its design. He said the construction contract calls for painting a bulldog design on opposing sides of the tank, representing the New Albany Bulldogs at the nearby high school. It has also been suggested that the tank be painted with a drawing of writer William Faulkner because of his birth here, and with a series of bicycle wheels to refer to Tanglefoot Trail. No decision has been made on the design, he said.
About Lynn West
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...