A tower of support
The new water tower under construction near the intersection of State Highway 15 and Bankhead Street will dominate the landscape on the east side of New Albany.
The tower presents a unique opportunity for New Albany Light Gas & Water Department in cooperation with the city Board of Aldermen and the New Albany Schools to showcase citizen support for our city schools.
We think the tower, only a couple of blocks from New Albany High School, should have the words “New Albany Bulldogs” and the Bulldog logo painted on the tower.
It’s common for communities across the country that have strong citizen support for their public schools to put their school logo on a city water tower. New Albany’s new tower presents a perfect opportunity because it is so close to the school, where thousands of people from out of town who visit the school, particularly for sporting events, will see it.
New Albany is blessed with a quality public school system, without the scourge of any significant competing private schools. Our citizens show their support with their enthusiasm and their taxes.
We urge supporters of our city public schools to let our city and school officials know they want “New Albany Bulldogs” on our new water tower. If we need to raise some money to pay for it, we’re confident school boosters are up to it.
About New Albany Gazette
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6