Support our thespians
In our community, we have what many communities only dream about – an active community theater group with a nice theater available to present its work.
The Tallahatchie River Players, our community theater group, is approaching its 10h anniversary, a reason for much community pride.
The last play in its current season, the comedy “Arsenic and Old Lace,” will be presented at 7 p.m. March 13, 14 and 15 at the Cine Theatre in the Magnolia Civic Center.
It’s a play set in Brooklyn during World War II that includes a cast of zany characters, a murder and a generally hilarious script that is suitable for the whole family. Tickets are $10 and are on sale at the New Albany Main Street Association office on Bankhead Street.
We have been concerned for some time at the level of community support for our theater group. Some of the productions have not been well attended and we have a difficult time understanding why. Our cultural calendar in New Albany is certainly not crowded.
As we approach the 10th anniversary of our community theater group, we need to reaffirm our commitment to the Tallahatchie River Players. Many communities our size can only look with envy at our situation in New Albany, a talented group of thespians and a nice community owned theater.
See you at the theater.
About New Albany Gazette
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...