Arts council to offer batik workshop
By Angie Barmer
People wanting to express their creative side or find their creative side have a chance to be creative by attending the Tallahatchie Arts Council Wax Crayon Batik Workshop. The workshop will be held March 10-12 at The Art House, located at 205 Highland Street. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5-8 p.m. at The Art House. The workshop fee is $60. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome.
Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an
18″x24″ cloth batik using non-traditional methods whereby melted crayon or wax is painted onto cloth. The cloth is dipped into a dye bath and the wax is ironed out in the final step. A reverse method of batik will also be taught as an alternative technique.
Completed batiks will be featured and exhibited at the New Albany Home and Garden Show Luncheon in April.
To sign up for the workshop, call Rebecca Owen at 316-6523 or Bethany Dalton at 316-2689 or sign up at Mimi’s Bookstore or the Union County Heritage Museum by March 3 to ensure time for sufficient supplies.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...