Arts council to offer batik workshop
By Angie Barmer
People wanting to express their creative side or find their creative side have a chance to be creative by attending the Tallahatchie Arts Council Wax Crayon Batik Workshop. The workshop will be held March 10-12 at The Art House, located at 205 Highland Street. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5-8 p.m. at The Art House. The workshop fee is $60. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome.
Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an
18″x24″ cloth batik using non-traditional methods whereby melted crayon or wax is painted onto cloth. The cloth is dipped into a dye bath and the wax is ironed out in the final step. A reverse method of batik will also be taught as an alternative technique.
Completed batiks will be featured and exhibited at the New Albany Home and Garden Show Luncheon in April.
To sign up for the workshop, call Rebecca Owen at 316-6523 or Bethany Dalton at 316-2689 or sign up at Mimi’s Bookstore or the Union County Heritage Museum by March 3 to ensure time for sufficient supplies.
About New Albany Gazette
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...