The new course put together with the support of the Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will provide an opportunity for high school students to determine whether they have an interest in health care as a career while earning college credit.
Twenty or more juniors and seniors in schools in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties will be able to take the course beginning in the fall. Each high school is guaranteed at least one spot in the program, according to Dr. Charles Garrett, senior consultant at the CREATE Foundation.
The enrollment deadline is May 7 and the only cost to the student is $24 for enrollment processing. The course will be offered online but the students will spend one day at five different times at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The course is financed by a grant from the fund in partnership with Northeast Mississippi Community College, the hospital and the CREATE Foundation of Tupelo.
This is the second innovative course developed with the help of Garrett and the Wellspring Education Fund. The other is a web application class being offered in partnership with Mississippi State University.
We think the Wellspring Education Fund is succeeding in developing practical courses for students in our three counties to take advantage of the Toyota-provided money.
We applaud the innovative thinking.
We hope New Albany and Union County school students take advantage of it.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...