The new course put together with the support of the Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will provide an opportunity for high school students to determine whether they have an interest in health care as a career while earning college credit.
Twenty or more juniors and seniors in schools in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties will be able to take the course beginning in the fall. Each high school is guaranteed at least one spot in the program, according to Dr. Charles Garrett, senior consultant at the CREATE Foundation.
The enrollment deadline is May 7 and the only cost to the student is $24 for enrollment processing. The course will be offered online but the students will spend one day at five different times at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The course is financed by a grant from the fund in partnership with Northeast Mississippi Community College, the hospital and the CREATE Foundation of Tupelo.
This is the second innovative course developed with the help of Garrett and the Wellspring Education Fund. The other is a web application class being offered in partnership with Mississippi State University.
We think the Wellspring Education Fund is succeeding in developing practical courses for students in our three counties to take advantage of the Toyota-provided money.
We applaud the innovative thinking.
We hope New Albany and Union County school students take advantage of it.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer