Arts council to hold batik workshop
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome.
Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an 18″x24″ cloth batik using non-traditional methods whereby melted crayon or wax is painted onto cloth. The cloth is dipped into a dye bath and the wax is ironed out in the final step. A reverse method of batik will also be taught as an alternative technique.
Completed batiks will be featured and exhibited at the New Albany Home and Garden Show Luncheon in April.
To sign up for the workshop, call Rebecca at 316-6523 or Bethany Dalton at 316-2689, or you can sign up at Mimi’s Bookstore or the museum, by March 3 to ensure time for sufficient supplies. Organizers will need lots of old newspapers and Crayola (24 count) non-washable crayons. (5 boxes)
About New Albany Gazette
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...