Corinth contractor wins bid to build Urchin field house
A Corinth-based contractor won the bid to construct a field house for the East Union Urchins football team.
C.I.G. Contractors, Inc. placed a base bid of $619,900 to construct the field house. The company’s bid was the lowest among five opened in early January. Under state law, the county school district was required to accept the lowest bid, so long as it met all specifications.
Union County Superintendent Ken Basil said the school district will open bids later this month on lighting for the field.
The project continues work that began in the fall, including dirt work to the future field, across Highway 9 from East Union Attendance Center. Architecture firm Shafer & Associates of Starkville is overseeing the project.
The board said it hopes to have the field ready for play when football season starts next school year.
About David Johnson
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...