It’s Girl Scout cookie time
Girl Scouts are again taking orders for Girl Scout Cookies.
Girl Scouts throughout North Mississippi have order cards ready and will continue taking pre-sale orders through Jan. 26. Cookies will arrive in mid-February and many troops will host local booth sales for four weekends from Feb. 21 through March 16.
“Booth sales help girls to boost sales and meet goals that they set for themselves,” said Jenny Jones, Marketing and Communications Director for the local council, Girl Scouts Heart of the South. “The Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches girls five important skills that will help them grow into leaders in their own lives, communities and the world.” The five skills are goal-setting, decision-making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
Girl Scout Cookies are still $3.50 per box this year with a price increase expected for 2015. “Girl Scout Cookies have been $3.50 a box for at least 10 years and prices to manufacture the cookies have continued to rise,” Jones said. “Consumers should understand that we continue to work very hard to keep the price of cookies down, but it’s most importantly about supporting the girls and raising money to give them additional opportunities. I think most people get that.”
Girl Scout Cookies are available in eight flavors: Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Thank U Berry Munch, Savannah Smiles, Do-Si-Dos, and Dulce De Leche. The council continues to offer cookies for military men and women overseas through the Troop 2 Troops program. “Customers can purchase the cookies and the Girl Scout Troop will take care of getting the cookies to Operation Troop Aid and shipped to our armed forces,” Jones added. “It’s a great option for anyone who is counting calories or just wants to show support for the military.”
For more information on the Girl Scout Cookie Program, visit www.girlscoutshs.org/cookies or call 662-350-6043.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...