It’s Girl Scout cookie time
Girl Scouts are again taking orders for Girl Scout Cookies.
Girl Scouts throughout North Mississippi have order cards ready and will continue taking pre-sale orders through Jan. 26. Cookies will arrive in mid-February and many troops will host local booth sales for four weekends from Feb. 21 through March 16.
“Booth sales help girls to boost sales and meet goals that they set for themselves,” said Jenny Jones, Marketing and Communications Director for the local council, Girl Scouts Heart of the South. “The Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches girls five important skills that will help them grow into leaders in their own lives, communities and the world.” The five skills are goal-setting, decision-making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
Girl Scout Cookies are still $3.50 per box this year with a price increase expected for 2015. “Girl Scout Cookies have been $3.50 a box for at least 10 years and prices to manufacture the cookies have continued to rise,” Jones said. “Consumers should understand that we continue to work very hard to keep the price of cookies down, but it’s most importantly about supporting the girls and raising money to give them additional opportunities. I think most people get that.”
Girl Scout Cookies are available in eight flavors: Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Thank U Berry Munch, Savannah Smiles, Do-Si-Dos, and Dulce De Leche. The council continues to offer cookies for military men and women overseas through the Troop 2 Troops program. “Customers can purchase the cookies and the Girl Scout Troop will take care of getting the cookies to Operation Troop Aid and shipped to our armed forces,” Jones added. “It’s a great option for anyone who is counting calories or just wants to show support for the military.”
For more information on the Girl Scout Cookie Program, visit www.girlscoutshs.org/cookies or call 662-350-6043.
About Lynn West
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2