News Exchange to discontinue publication
A letter from the editor
To our readers and other friends:
The News Exchange will cease publication following the Dec. 26 edition.
This newspaper will merge with the New Albany Gazette as a result of Journal, Inc.’s recent purchase of the Gazette. Journal, Inc. purchased the News Exchange in 2008.
The result of combining the resources of both papers should provide the people of Union County with a much stronger single paper, incorporating the strengths of both publications. Since there will be no need for duplicate coverage of events by two newspapers, the staff will be able to report more news and sports stories, and do so in more depth.
The News Exchange was started to meet a need expressed by the people of our community. Our goal was to improve the level of news coverage in a new and different way. We hope – and believe – we have accomplished that.
Now, Union Countians will be the beneficiaries of all our efforts.
We still welcome the submission of news, photos and advertising and you can send items to the News Exchange email addresses until further notice. They will be forwarded to the Gazette.
The success the News Exchange has experienced is due to the support of the community and we thank you for it. Now, we ask that you support this new version of the New Albany Gazette that will combine the long-established publication with our more recent one in continuing efforts to be the area’s best news provider and improve the quality of life for those in our community.
J. Lynn West, Editor
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...