By Lou McQuary
Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany.
Cheyenne Palmer was able to attend the visitation and funeral of Mr. Moody, her great-grandfather. Cheyenne is finishing up her chemo at St. Jude, where she has been treated since this summer. She has two more big treatments. St. Jude has given her a great prognosis in her fight over brain cancer.
Angelia Churchill, wife of Tony Churchill, had back surgery in Collierville on Nov. 12. She is home and recuperating nicely.
Jennifer and Bubba Stanton are the proud parents of Issac Wade Stanton, born Thursday, Nov. 14, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces and is welcomed by big brother, Wes. Grandparents are Larry and Beverly Black Hall and Danny and Gale Stanton. Twanda Black is the great-grandmother.
Anna Carwyle won second place in the Dash to Beat Cancer 5K at the Fairgrounds in New Albany on Saturday, Nov. 16. Her time was 24:39. Congratulations Anna!! Anna is the daughter of David and Emily Carwyle.
Mitchell Jumper’s Sunday school class had a hamburger/hotdog supper at the fellowship hall at Macedonia on Saturday, Nov. 16. Sixteen adults and seven children attended and enjoyed the food and fellowship. Special thanks go out to Delores and Jake Douglass for providing the food as well as grilling it. Doesn’t get any better than that!!
Greg Conlee was ordained to be a deacon of Macedonia Baptist Church on Sunday, Nov. 17. He had many supportive family members present to celebrate this occasion with him. Greg is the son of Sarah and Joseph Conlee and is married to Penny Rainwater Conlee. Greg and Penny have five children: Gina Beth, Gracen, Eden, Walker, and Carson.
Our church is decorated so festively this month. Sonny Downs’ class was in charge. This endeavor was Vera Perkins’ brainchild, and she did a great job. She had help from her husband, Ellis, and from Kaye Page. I particularly liked the Thanksgiving Christmas tree. It was beautiful, and I have never seen one.
On Saturday, Nov. 23, our church will carry plates to the elderly, the shut-ins, and whoever else needs a little lift during this Thanksgiving season. Members are preparing the food, assembling the plates, and delivering them. If you know of someone who could use a plate, please contact the church office at 538-0733.
Macedonia Baptist will host the community Thanksgiving Service on Sunday, Nov. 24, at 6 p.m. We will have finger food fellowship in the gym immediately following the service. Please bring a dish and come worship with us. We will have this in the gym so it won’t conflict with the decorations in the Fellowship Hall for the women’s holiday dinner and program.
On Monday, Nov. 25, our women will have a Women’s Holiday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The speaker will be Lisa Williamson from Pontotoc. If you would like tickets see Gina Garrett or Regina Russell. This is always a great way to begin the holiday season.
Special congratulations go out to Jessica and Jamey Wright for being chosen Teacher of the Year and Principal of the Year. We are very proud of both of these educators and how they lead our school. We are proud of both of you and are happy that you both work at West Union.
Thought for the week: If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right minds. (Compliments of Jacob Neal!!) What do you want to bet that Jacob is left handed!!!
By Lou McQuary
About New Albany Gazette
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...