Bicycle shop to open in New Albany next year
Beginning in late January, New Albany’s first bicycle shop will be opening and will be conveniently located at the Tanglefoot Trailhead in downtown New Albany.
The new business is named Trails and Treads and will be an additional location to the main store in Tupelo.
Trails and Treads will be moving into the current location of Bankhead Gallery and The Art of Dixie, across the street from New Albany City Hall and Van Atkins.
Harris Magruder, president of Trails and Treads, said, “We plan to sell bicycles, running shoes, fitness clothing and accessories from companies like Nike and Brooks. We will sell and rent bicycles, including road, mountain and hybrid bicycles and we will repair all types of bicycles, strollers, etc.”
Magruder said that this location was chosen because of the proximity to the Tanglefoot Trail.
“One of the main reasons for choosing New Albany is the growth and potential future growth of New Albany. Also, the people in Union County seem to do an excellent job of supporting local businesses, which we strongly encourage. A very active running/cycling community already exists in the area and we would like to expand it into the surrounding communities,” said Magruder.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2