Still time to pledge
Time is growing short for you to help in this year’s United Way of Northeast Mississippi campaign.
The United Way, which serves seven counties, including Union, has reached 80 percent of its $2.4 million goal. So far, $1,913,968 has been pledged in the 2013 campaign.
It’s important that Union Countians pledge their share to the campaign because the amount of money contributed locally determines how much money is returned to benefit worthy causes here.
In the current year, $77,405 was distributed to agencies that benefit Union County.
The largest benefactors this year were the Good Samaritan Food Pantry with $17,000, Boys and Girls Club of New Albany with $17,000, the New Haven Center with $9,500 and Lighthouse with $6,500. Twenty-six other agencies shared the rest.
Giving in our county is still below where it logically should be for a county of our size. Frankly, we do not have enough businesses, industries and individuals participating in the annual campaign.
The United Way supports worthwhile causes in our community, including the Good Samaritan Food Pantry and the Boys and Girls Club.
We hope you will do your part and give what you can.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...