Joe Bryan Harmon, 71
Joe Bryan Harmon, 71, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at his residence.
He was born Oct. 16, 1942, in New Albany to Rodney Bryan Harmon Jr. and Edna Willard Melton Harmon. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for 20 years. He spent the majority of his working career at Hill’s International in New Albany and Morris Scrap Metal in Blue Springs. He was a member of New Harmony Baptist Church, and he had a love for the outdoors and traveling.
Graveside services were 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, at Vista Memorial Park with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. United Funeral Service of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his daughter, Kristie Harmon Lively (Duke) of Germantown, Tenn.; his son, Michael Harmon (Jackie) of New Albany; a sister, Margaret Morris (Jerry) of Myrtle; two brothers, Jerry Harmon (Vicki) and James Harmon (Peggy), both of New Albany; and six grandchildren, Reid Harmon, Michaela Harmon, Skyler Harmon, Anna Reese Harmon, Natalie Lively and Julia Lively.
He was preceded in death by his father, Rodney Bryan Harmon Jr.
In honor of Mr. Harmon, United Funeral Service, Inc. flew the flag of the United States Army at the funeral home during visitation and service.
For online condolences, visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...