Charles B. Hill, 74
Charles B. Hill, 74, of Tupelo, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. after a short illness.
Born April 30, 1939, in Ecru to James Rufus and Jettie Hill, he spent most of his life in Tupelo. A veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, he served as a sales associate at Woolco Department Store for 15 years. He enjoyed traveling, working in his yard and especially going out to eat with his family whom he dearly loved. A man of faith, he loved to do his daily Bible readings and was a member of Gloster Street Church of Christ.
Services were at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, at The Jefferson Street chapel of W.E. Pegues with Bro. Chad Ramsey and Bro. Joe Connell officiating. Burial was in Old Union Cemetery, west of Shannon.
Survivors include two sons, Steve Hill and Kevin Hill, both of Tupelo; two sisters, Elizabeth Williams of Tupelo and Ruby Lynchard of New Albany; one brother, Franklin Hill of Verona; one special sister-in-law, Shelby Jones of Tupelo; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 44 years, Betsy Hill; his parents; and one sister, Hellen Kelly.
Pallbearers will be Terry Smith, Wayne Washington, Dorn Patton, Steve Walden, Monte Key, Tony Milam and Ricky Turner.
Honorary pallbearers were Charles Hannah, Dr. Ken Harvey, Stephen Fikes and Windell Fikes.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Gloster Street Church Building Fund in his honor.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2