Charles B. Hill, 74
Charles B. Hill, 74, of Tupelo, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. after a short illness.
Born April 30, 1939, in Ecru to James Rufus and Jettie Hill, he spent most of his life in Tupelo. A veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, he served as a sales associate at Woolco Department Store for 15 years. He enjoyed traveling, working in his yard and especially going out to eat with his family whom he dearly loved. A man of faith, he loved to do his daily Bible readings and was a member of Gloster Street Church of Christ.
Services were at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, at The Jefferson Street chapel of W.E. Pegues with Bro. Chad Ramsey and Bro. Joe Connell officiating. Burial was in Old Union Cemetery, west of Shannon.
Survivors include two sons, Steve Hill and Kevin Hill, both of Tupelo; two sisters, Elizabeth Williams of Tupelo and Ruby Lynchard of New Albany; one brother, Franklin Hill of Verona; one special sister-in-law, Shelby Jones of Tupelo; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 44 years, Betsy Hill; his parents; and one sister, Hellen Kelly.
Pallbearers will be Terry Smith, Wayne Washington, Dorn Patton, Steve Walden, Monte Key, Tony Milam and Ricky Turner.
Honorary pallbearers were Charles Hannah, Dr. Ken Harvey, Stephen Fikes and Windell Fikes.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Gloster Street Church Building Fund in his honor.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...