By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by Sherman Public Library Halloween night for some candy.
If weather permits, the Sherman Public Library will be hosting a Movie Night featuring “Epic” rated PG Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6:30 p.m. in front of the Library. So come on out, bring a warm blanket and your lawn chairs, and enjoy a fun night with family and friends.
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
Reminder: Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea next Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 a.m. service next Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. Lunch will be served at 1:30 p.m. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of Sherman Baptist Church. Goodie bags and drinks will be provided.
Brotherhood will be held next Sunday at 7 a.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church.
A Fall Festival/Bible Study for the youths is scheduled for next Saturday, Nov. 2, from 1 – 5 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist.
Attention Sherman School Alumni: Sherman School will celebrate the 50th year of their school closing on May 2 and 3 of 2014 in Sherman. The school reunion committee is trying to locate ALL former students, including graduates and teachers. If you have not attended one of the school reunions in the last few years, please contact Faye Gory Turnbaugh at (931) 320-2441 or email: email@example.com. Details about the celebration will be mailed out in March 2014.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- Downtown crosswalks January 21, 2015
- When numerals are Roman January 28, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...