Ralph Kolb, 88
Ralph Eldridge Kolb, 88, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at the Church Street Personal Care Center in Ecru.
He was born Oct. 20, 1925, in Union County to Earnest and Cora Caldwell Kolb. He was a retired building contractor and a member of the New Harmony Baptist Church.
Services were held at 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28, at the New Harmony Baptist Church with the Rev. Mark Nail and the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Burial was in the New Harmony Cemetery. United Funeral Service of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 70 years, Freddie Clayton Kolb of Blue Springs; his daughter, Janie Kolb Vinson of New Albany; his son, Randy Kolb (Betty) of New Albany; two granddaughters, Brandy Kolb of Tupelo and Rachel Murphree (Shane) of New Albany; and three great-grandchildren, Reagan Vinson of Burnsville and Katherine Smith and Clayton Murphree, both of New Albany.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his sister, Earnestine Rakestraw; his brother, Woodson Kolb; and his grandson, Brad Vinson.
Pallbearers were Shane Murphree, Clayton Murphree, Dennis Clayton, Charlie Dillard, Jimmy Sprouse, Eldridge Littlejohn, Gus Randle, Arthur Koon, Mike McCord and Bill Hunter.
In lieu of flowers, the family request donations may be made to the Baptist Children’s Village, P.O. Box 27, Clinton, MS 39060.
For online condolences, visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...