Betty Wilhite, 78
Betty Tallent Wilhite, 78, of Pontotoc, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, after a brief illness.
She was born Feb. 26,1935, to Earl Lee and Fairy Denton. She was a homemaker and seamstress. She loved quilting and her family.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Cairo Baptist Church in Ecru with Bro. Rick Griffin officiating. Burial was in Glenfield Cemetery. Kesler Funeral Home of Baldwyn was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one son, Larry Tallent (Judy) of Cairo; two daughters, Patsy Mills of Mantachie and Brenda Roberson (Steve) of Cairo; two brothers, Kenneth Denton and Jerry Denton (Mary Ann), both of New Albany; one sister, Jean Mayo (Boyce) of New Albany; 14 grandchildren, 44 great-grandchildren; special friend, J.W. McClure and his family, Junior, Teresa, Jim and their children and grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husbands, Lonnie Tallent and Lavone Wilhite; two daughters, Mary Gale (son-in-law Preston Gale) and Sandra Gale; son-in-law, Robby Mills; two grandsons, Nickey Gant and Michael Shane Gant; and a sister-in-law, Linda Denton.
Pallbearers were Lee Tallent, Randy Seger, Chris Gant, Joel Matthews, Cory McClure and T.J. Gresham. Honorary pallbearers were Jaime McClure, Ronald Seger, Roy Seger, Ray Seger, Neal Gant, Jason Bramlitt, Ryan Thomas, Dan Richey and Shawn James.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...