New Albany man dies in two-vehicle wreck
A two-vehicle crash Saturday night on Highway 30 East resulted in the death of a New Albany man.
According to Public Affairs Trooper Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Colby Pannell, 25, died at approximately 6:30 p.m., after he was ejected from his truck when it struck another vehicle at the intersection of Highway 30 East and County Road 150
Hall said Pannell drove off the right side of the highway and struck a vehicle that was at the intersection. Pannell’s truck apparently overturned several times before he was ejected.
Pannell died from injuries at the scene of the accident. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Hall said.
Occupants of the other vehicle were not injured. The accident remains under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6