New Albany man dies in two-vehicle wreck
A two-vehicle crash Saturday night on Highway 30 East resulted in the death of a New Albany man.
According to Public Affairs Trooper Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Colby Pannell, 25, died at approximately 6:30 p.m., after he was ejected from his truck when it struck another vehicle at the intersection of Highway 30 East and County Road 150
Hall said Pannell drove off the right side of the highway and struck a vehicle that was at the intersection. Pannell’s truck apparently overturned several times before he was ejected.
Pannell died from injuries at the scene of the accident. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Hall said.
Occupants of the other vehicle were not injured. The accident remains under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...