By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo Sunday night, Oct. 20, and went out to eat afterwards.
Reminder: Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 am service Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. Lunch will be served at 1:30 p.m. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Homecoming was held Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sherman Baptist Church. Many former members, family, and friends returned and observed the 125th Anniversary of the church with a celebration service held in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. with former pastors giving remarks and music ministers providing special music. Special video and a picture slide show added to the celebration. Lunch was held at noon in the activities building.
Sherman Baptist hosted the annual meeting of the Lee County Baptist Association Monday, Oct. 21.
Coming Oct. 27: “To Sherman with Love.” A door to door survey of Sherman will commence at 2 p.m. The Block Party on the church grounds is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of the church. Goodie bags & drinks will be provided.
Sympathy is extended to Adella Lee in the death of her stepdaughter, Clara Mae Lee Clark, 79, who died Tuesday, Oct. 15, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy Cole in the death of her sister, Anne Wheeler Horne, 80, who died Friday, Oct. 18, at Sunshine Health Center in Pontotoc.
Sympathy is extended to Frank and Margaret Anderson in the death of her father, Ralph Haggard Gillespie, 86, who died Monday, Oct. 14, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- County makes arrests in area burglaries March 4, 2015
- Sunday is day to ‘spring forward’ to Daylight Saving Time March 4, 2015
- Still no decision on Extension Office renovation; gun carrying prohibition clarified March 6, 2015
- NA police switching to electronic citation system March 6, 2015
- Futorian descendents visit to learn more about family history March 6, 2015
- East Union Attendance Center beauty review March 6, 2015
- East Union students help save lives of two wreck victims March 6, 2015
- Blue Springs seeks grant for more police presence March 6, 2015
- City considering plan for bike path to connect west side to park, downtown March 6, 2015
- City schools look at long-range planning, make staff appointments March 6, 2015
- Bradley Wells: Daniel rhynes has been stealing for yrs and blamin...
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...