By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo Sunday night, Oct. 20, and went out to eat afterwards.
Reminder: Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 am service Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. Lunch will be served at 1:30 p.m. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Homecoming was held Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sherman Baptist Church. Many former members, family, and friends returned and observed the 125th Anniversary of the church with a celebration service held in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. with former pastors giving remarks and music ministers providing special music. Special video and a picture slide show added to the celebration. Lunch was held at noon in the activities building.
Sherman Baptist hosted the annual meeting of the Lee County Baptist Association Monday, Oct. 21.
Coming Oct. 27: “To Sherman with Love.” A door to door survey of Sherman will commence at 2 p.m. The Block Party on the church grounds is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of the church. Goodie bags & drinks will be provided.
Sympathy is extended to Adella Lee in the death of her stepdaughter, Clara Mae Lee Clark, 79, who died Tuesday, Oct. 15, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy Cole in the death of her sister, Anne Wheeler Horne, 80, who died Friday, Oct. 18, at Sunshine Health Center in Pontotoc.
Sympathy is extended to Frank and Margaret Anderson in the death of her father, Ralph Haggard Gillespie, 86, who died Monday, Oct. 14, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...