By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo Sunday night, Oct. 20, and went out to eat afterwards.
Reminder: Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 am service Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. Lunch will be served at 1:30 p.m. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Homecoming was held Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sherman Baptist Church. Many former members, family, and friends returned and observed the 125th Anniversary of the church with a celebration service held in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. with former pastors giving remarks and music ministers providing special music. Special video and a picture slide show added to the celebration. Lunch was held at noon in the activities building.
Sherman Baptist hosted the annual meeting of the Lee County Baptist Association Monday, Oct. 21.
Coming Oct. 27: “To Sherman with Love.” A door to door survey of Sherman will commence at 2 p.m. The Block Party on the church grounds is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of the church. Goodie bags & drinks will be provided.
Sympathy is extended to Adella Lee in the death of her stepdaughter, Clara Mae Lee Clark, 79, who died Tuesday, Oct. 15, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy Cole in the death of her sister, Anne Wheeler Horne, 80, who died Friday, Oct. 18, at Sunshine Health Center in Pontotoc.
Sympathy is extended to Frank and Margaret Anderson in the death of her father, Ralph Haggard Gillespie, 86, who died Monday, Oct. 14, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...