By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo Sunday night, Oct. 20, and went out to eat afterwards.
Reminder: Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 am service Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. Lunch will be served at 1:30 p.m. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Homecoming was held Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sherman Baptist Church. Many former members, family, and friends returned and observed the 125th Anniversary of the church with a celebration service held in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. with former pastors giving remarks and music ministers providing special music. Special video and a picture slide show added to the celebration. Lunch was held at noon in the activities building.
Sherman Baptist hosted the annual meeting of the Lee County Baptist Association Monday, Oct. 21.
Coming Oct. 27: “To Sherman with Love.” A door to door survey of Sherman will commence at 2 p.m. The Block Party on the church grounds is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of the church. Goodie bags & drinks will be provided.
Sympathy is extended to Adella Lee in the death of her stepdaughter, Clara Mae Lee Clark, 79, who died Tuesday, Oct. 15, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy Cole in the death of her sister, Anne Wheeler Horne, 80, who died Friday, Oct. 18, at Sunshine Health Center in Pontotoc.
Sympathy is extended to Frank and Margaret Anderson in the death of her father, Ralph Haggard Gillespie, 86, who died Monday, Oct. 14, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...