By Martha Swindle
Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance.
Brotherhood was held at Tri-County Baptist Sunday, Oct. 13.
Ladies Fellowship was held Oct. 8 at Tri-County Baptist.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth attended the area-wide youth devotional Sunday night, Oct. 13.
Sherman Grove Baptist will host their annual Birthday Tea Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited. Rev. Darryl Rucker is the host pastor.
Sherman Grove pastor and wife appreciation will be held during the 11 a.m. service Sunday, Nov. 3, with Reverend Lawrence Hill, associate pastor of Sherman Grove, as the speaker. The guest speaker for the 2 p.m. service is Reverend Artis Webber, pastor of East Baptist Pontotoc. Everyone is invited.
Attention Sherman School Alumni: Sherman School will celebrate the 50th year of their school closing on May 2 and 3 of 2014 in Sherman. The school reunion committee is trying to locate ALL former students, including graduates and teachers. If you have not attended one of the school reunions in the last few years, please contact Faye Gory Turnbaugh at (931) 320-2441 or email: email@example.com. Details about the celebration will be mailed out in March 2014.
Last Reminder: Homecoming will be held Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sherman Baptist Church. Members will be observing the 125th Anniversary of the church with a time of reflection, music, history, pictures, and fellowship. Coffee and donuts will be served in the church library at 9:30, a celebration service in the sanctuary at 10, and lunch at noon in the activities building. All friends and former members are invited to attend.
Sherman Baptist will host the annual meeting of the Lee County Baptist Association Monday, Oct. 21, at 6:30 p.m.
Coming Oct. 27: “To Sherman with Love.” A door-to-door survey of Sherman will commence at 2 p.m. The Block Party on the church grounds is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tract & Treat will be held Oct. 31 in front of the church. Goodie bags and drinks will be provided.
Sympathy is extended to Dannie and Diane Williams in the death of his mother, Ruby Lee “Granny” Williams, 86, who died Tuesday, Oct. 8, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Mattie Speck, 83, who died Saturday, Oct. 12, at her home after a lengthy illness.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...