Legends and Lore cemetery tour Oct. 12
“It is that time again!! Fall is in the air and the time for storytelling and history is upon us!” says Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith.
On Oct. 12, Tallahatchie River Players and Union County Heritage Museum will present the 2013 Legends and Lore Cemetery Tour in the City Cemetery starting at 4:30 p.m. with the last tour at 7:30 p.m. This is a walking tour with tour guides. There will be limited seating available, so if you want to bring a small stool or chair to rest on, that will be fine. Each stop along the way will have an interesting person to entertain and give information that you may not have known about this area. “And in celebration of the 150th anniversary of The Battle of New Albany, we have resurrected a good many Civil War souls,” Smith said. “We will also hear from two people who were slaves during this time and their story. We also invited some souls back this year; they include William Faulkner, Paul Rainey and others!”
Tickets are $10 a person. Tickets will be on sale soon at the museum, so watch for announcements to purchase your tickets before the tour. The proceeds go to benefit the museum and TRP.
About New Albany Gazette
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...