Liberty School August meeting
Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the 28 attendees to the Aug. 20 meeting of Liberty School. Charlie Sappington gave the invocation and blessing prior to the pizza, dessert, and homemade ice-cream dinner.
Wayne Alexander gave the financial report in the business session and Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting. Mrs. Nelson recognized August birthdays of: Ottis Dunlap (83), Norman Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout, Barry Strawn.
Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald were recognized for their August wedding anniversary. They have been married 71 years.
Get-well wishes were extended to: Nathan Alexander, Dorothy Coleman, Ruby Dunlap (at home), Justin Forsyth, Marcus Hill, Bobby Moormon, Tanner Rakestraw, Ruby Jewel Robbins, Lorie Wade.
Sympathy was extended to the families of: Sarah and Harry Adair, Lanny Autry, Christine Fitzgerald Bagwell, Gregg Brown, David Carnell, Edith Whitehead.
Charlie Sappington led in prayer for those who are sick and for the bereaved families.
The annual homecoming of Liberty school will be Saturday, Oct. 19, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. with a covered-dish dinner. Entertainment will be by Southern Comfort band.
Mrs. Tina Barkley provided a very interesting, informative, and musical program. She reviewed the lives of hymn writers Frances Jane (Fannie) Crosby, Horatio G. Spafford, Thomas Obediah Chisholm, Ray F. Miller, and George Beverly Shea. She mentioned although Fannie Crosby was blind, she wrote over 2,000 hymns. Mr. Spafford wrote “It is Well with My Soul” following the deaths of his four daughters. Thomas Obediah Chisholm wrote 1200 poems and hymns including “Great is Thy Faithfulness.” She told how George Beverly Shea met Billy Graham and then went over the world with him in his “Crusades for Christ.” Mrs. Barkley sang “Blessed Assurance” which was written by Fannie Crosby, “It is Well with My Soul” written by Horatio G. Spafford, and “I’d Rather Have Jesus” by Ray J. Miller and George Beverly Shea. The group thanked her for her inspirational program.
Bro. Doug Shelton gave a prayer at the end of the meeting.
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be Tuesday, Sept. 17, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Morgan and Morgan. Everyone is welcome.
About New Albany Gazette
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...